Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 13, 2011

40 weeks

Today I am 40 weeks pregnant.  I am ready, I am uncomfortable and I feel huge.  Darren and I did our nesting.  We cleaned, organized, got new cabinets and a new couch, I even cleaned out my closet and did the switch from spring/ summer to fall/winter clothes.  I am done working and I am ready to meet this baby.  I am having regular contractions but they don't really hurt much.  I am experiencing more sensation with each contraction but I do not think that is what real labor feels like.  It sounds like real labor is really painful but I do not care, I want the pain now, I want my body to open up and bring this beautiful little baby into the world.  I am doing all I can to stimulate my body towards birth, taking evening primrose oil, drinking red raspberry leaf tea, stimulating acupressure points that bring on contractions and soften the cervix, nipple stimulation, orgasms, squatting, walking, and talking to baby telling it that the time has come.  I do not know what else I can do, I just hope it is not another 2 weeks even though I am expecting it to be.  The good news is that at least my body is working in the right direction, I am having regular contractions that last at least a minute each, on friday my cervix was dilated to 1 cm, I was 50% effaced, and my cervix was super soft.  Sorry if that is TMI but it is birthing talk and it is a natural thing that is happening, why not talk about it.  I think I might go in on Tuesday or Wednesday this week to get checked again and see if they can move things along with a little membrane sweep or something.  I am excited for my next post to be my birth story.  I am visualizing an efficient, peaceful, and beautiful birth.  My mantra is that I trust my body to birth this baby just as it should.  Baby's head is really low in my pelvis and it's body is in a great position for birth.  Now I rest, get as much sleep as possible and continue with all of my natural inductions.  Eventually this baby will have to come out, it can not stay in there all cozy forever:)

No comments:

Post a Comment